The Salem Preservationist
historic preservation developments in the greater Salem area.
"Looking backward and forward to a Greater Salem"
Keep abreast of historic preservation news within the greater Salem area.
- Includes an abstract each issue of the Salem Preservationist.
- Lightweight format with pointers to on-line articles won't fill your mailbox.
Volume 6, #1, June 2008 (HTML format)|
- SPI Lease on Village extended until new 2008 Gordon College Lease takes effect
- Introducing: The Gordon College Institute for Public History
- Back By Popular Demand: 17th century Style Dugout Reconstructed
- Front Fence Being Rebuilt at Pioneer Village
- New $16.30 Maritime Books Fundraiser Launched for Pioneer Village
- SHARE and Dominion sponsor Earth Day Tree Cutting & Clean-Up at Village
- Pioneer Village to Resume Regular Openings in 2008
Volume 5, #1, August 2007 (HTML format)|
- SPI Lease on Pioneer Village extended through May '08
- Boy Scouts Make Multiple Commitments to Restore Pioneer Village
- Old Bridges replaced with New Accessible Bridges at Pioneer Village
- Salem in 1630: Pioneer Village Opened During 17th Century Saturdays
- House of Seven Gables to host major Landmarks Celebration September 23, 2007
Volume 4, #3, December 2006 (PDF)|
- Roof Restoration Completed at Pioneer Village
- SPI Re-Opened Pioneer Village for Fall Open Houses
- Salem News Reports Pioneer Village "Shows Signs of Life"
- Essex National Heritage Commission starts First Period Educational Initiative
- John Goff publishes new "Preservation Perspective" column in Salem Gazette
- 18 Crombie Street Restoration Completed
Volume 4, #2, July 2006 (PDF)|
- LATE BREAKING NEWS:
Re-thatching Project begins at Salem 1630: Pioneer Village!
- Funding Sought for Intern to Build Architectural Model
- Pioneer Village Thatching Project Being Planned
- The Village on the silver screen<
Volume 4, #1, May 2006 (PDF)|
- CDBG grant for Improvements at Salem 1630: Pioneer Village>
- Second Movie Filmed at Salem 1630: Pioneer Village
- Massachusetts Charter: a First Period Crisis of Royal Proportions
- Where did the Puritans Go? Tours Offered of Boston's First Period Sites
- The Witch House's History is even Richer than Previously Thought!
- 48 Hour Movie Filmed at Pioneer Village
- Globally talented historical Muralist arrives in Salem
Volume 3, #4, December 2005 (PDF)|
- Arbella Days Declared in June!
- SPI showcases Pioneer Village at Salem's Maritime Festival in July
- Arbella 375th:
a 17th century sail aboard the Kalmar Nyckel
- SPI Opens Pioneer Village for 4th annual Trails and Sails in September 2005; 250 Visitors
Arrive from US, England, Germany and Russia!
- Remembering Past Salem Preservationists:
Clara Endicott Sears
- Historic 1852 Fowler Street Primary School Discovered in Salem
- "In A Town Called Winslor"
Filmed at Pioneer Village, 2005
Volume 3, #3, October 2005 (PDF)|
- October Marks Archaeology Month in Massachusetts!
- 2005 Marks Bicentennial of Augustus Hemenway's Birth in Salem
- Hemenway Relics Now at Harvard University Were Curated in Salem
- Ancient Indian Items Returned to Salem
Volume 3, #1, May 2005 (PDF)|
- 2005 Marks a Time to Commorate 375th Anniversary of ARBELLA fleet's Arrival to Salem in 1630
- Witch House Seeks National Historic Landmark Status
- Maritime Service Honored: Salem Maritime NHS Superintendent Steve Kesselman Retires
- Samuel McIntire's Hamilton Hall Turns 200!
- SPI discovers rare Batchelder views of Forest River Park site and Pioneer Village
- Samantha Casts New Spell on Salem
- SPI Participates in Annual Operation Clean Sweeps in Salem Spring Cleaning at Pioneer Village
Volume 2, #1, July 2004 (PDF)|
- SPI awarded City contract to Restore, Repair and Manage Pioneer Village
- Pioneer Village Listed as Salem Most Endangered Property for 2003
- SPI Commences Historic Structure Report and Restoration Plan of Pioneer Village
- Marblehead Maritime Warehouse... SAVED
- 18 Crombie Street to be Restored
- 6 Federal Court Carriage House Future in Question
- SPI President John Goff speaks about Salem
- Preservationist Mary Hemenway
- Historical Plants and Gardens at Salem's 1630 Pioneer Village
- St. Joseph Hall Restoration
- The Custom House Eagle
Volume 1, #3, October 2003 (PDF)|
- SPI recognized Founding Members
- Hawthorne Historic Preservation Award
- The Salem News looks at 18 Crombie Street
- Nathaniel Bowditch House restored
- Marblehead Maritime Warhouse SAVED
- First Naumkeag and Salem First Families Initiative
- New Biography of Gov. John Winthrop
- Boston Churches Celebrate Gov. Winthrop's Legacy
- SPI Crafing new Winthrop Regional Heritage Tour
- 375th Anniversary of Gov. John Endicott's Arrival
- A New Look at Salem's Native American Heritage
Volume 1, #2, June 2003 (PDF)|
- Salem Preservation, Inc. files papers
- Boston Street Urban Gateways Project
- Salem City Hall Celebrates Restoration
- Salem Witch House Discovery
- Naumkeag & Salem First Families Initiative
- Salem: Place, Myth & Mystery
- NPS Proposes Rescue of Marblehead Warehouse
- ENHC Holds 6th Annual Community Forum
Volume 1, #1, April 2003 (PDF)|
- Roger Conant Statue Restoration
- HSI Director Resigns
- Salem City Hall Restoration
- Benson Enthusiasts Bring Hope
- Future in Question for St. Mary's Catholic Church
- FAME to set sail in Salem
- New Future for Salem's First Baptist Church
- Danvers Preservation Inc. up and running
- Public tours of Kirkbride
- Friends of Tucker's Wharf
© 2003-2011 Salem Preservation. All rights reserved.